A day out hunting. (Viewer discretion advised)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Went out for a couple of hours on our permission and got a few creatures for the pot.
Made a curry out of the rabbits not sure what to do with the pigeon. Never had it before. Other then a pie?!!!
ge7e9a4u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No idea what to do with the pigeon but I'm envious; I've got a few weeks yet before season opens here.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
yes pan fried on a bed of pea shoots drizzled in a balsamic reduction oooooooooooooooooohh nice, works well with venison also, atb wayne

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Pigeon breast is the bomb!

I like to caramalise red onions in a pan with a little oil, when their are soft and browned but not thrashed a big splosh of good Port and reduce untill thick! Then serve with the breast. ;)

I had a laod of reindeer last christmas and I did the same thing then and it was superb!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Nice! Potentially stupid question: Are those air rifles or firearms? And what will you do with the crows?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice haul Jon and a sweet pair of pre-charged air rifles. Wanted a Logon myself, but there was a long wait at the time. Bought a BSA Super 10 carbine instead which is lovely too. You have a good day?, open ground or woodland?

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Wood pigeon breasts are really delish, pan fried with a bit of onion and garlic. Smashing :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
May I ask a favour, Jon? Could I have the crows heads, feet and large flight feathers please? I will cover postage of course! :D

You can eat crow, I haven't before but I've never shot a clean one so.. go for it! let us know what it's like!

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Nice! Potentially stupid question: Are those air rifles or firearms? And what will you do with the crows?

We usually eat what we kill on our permissions we are inundated with crows probably about a few hundred. And he keeps livestock and we found a few baby lambs this year dead so we have been told to cull what we can. And yes both air rifles mines the s300 and re8eldog has the s16s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE