Show us your Bushcraft Hat (hopefully will end up pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Ahhh - an Englishman amongst the Aussie / Yankee wanabees. My sartorial compliments sir. Only one "IQ reducer" baseball cap so far (and on a pretty girl so that's okay!) thankfully

Sadly your barrels appear to be on sideways!

Haha! Just seen this. Genuinely surprised more people don't favour a flatty. Glad someone agrees on the virtues.
Barrelwise, I reckon yer eyes is wonky. :p

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Most of the time I wear an 'IQ reducing' baseball cap, purely because I just need something to keep the rain off my glasses or the sun out of my eyes. I used to wear them all the time as a pilot as the headset just goes over the top.

I do have a Dorfman pacific outback cotton hat which is great as its crushable and easy to reshape.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorfman-Pacific-Weathered-Cotton-Outback-With/dp/B002NSM3OI

zateqyqe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Remember, most Landrover owners have to wear a baseball cap as most of the time is either spent A) under the bonnet (pun) and B) lying down underneath trying to put something back on which has just fallen off. Also due to the closeness of the seat to the steering wheel and low headroom a brimmed hat will not fit. Also the skip on the hat reminds you to brace when the engine seizes and the skip hits the windscreen.:lmao:

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Remember, most Landrover owners have to wear a baseball cap as most of the time is either spent A) under the bonnet (pun) and B) lying down underneath trying to put something back on which has just fallen off. Also due to the closeness of the seat to the steering wheel and low headroom a brimmed hat will not fit. Also the skip on the hat reminds you to brace when the engine seizes and the skip hits the windscreen.:lmao:

Har har, jealousy will get you nowhere

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Har har, jealousy will get you nowhere

But you can tell this info comes from experience! I do still love Landies and I'm glad like me you have a sense of humour about them. Amazed the amount of owners who don't. Enjoy her mate - what you got at the moment?

And remember folks - Landrover make badged wide brim hats too... to keep you dry on the long walk home.:eek:

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Well, you have to have a sense of humour with a 30 year old car/tractor that doesn't go faster than 60mph, constantly leaks oil everywhere it goes and is wet and windy inside the cab - no matter what the weather! Currently the proud restorer of a 1984 90, 200tdi.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well, you have to have a sense of humour with a 30 year old car/tractor that doesn't go faster than 60mph, constantly leaks oil everywhere it goes and is wet and windy inside the cab - no matter what the weather! Currently the proud restorer of a 1984 90, 200tdi.

My last was a 1989 3 door 200 TDI Discovery which I managed to get my only speeding ticket ever in! An amazing feat. To fit the thread you HAD to wear a hat inside as the sunroof leaked on corners.:eek:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Ahhh - an Englishman amongst the Aussie / Yankee wanabees. My sartorial compliments sir. Only one "IQ reducer" baseball cap so far (and on a pretty girl so that's okay!) thankfully

Sadly your barrels appear to be on sideways!

The ultimate IQ reducer is the beanie, I think. Ever see a mature man wear a beanie? It's the domain of the teenager...

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Here's my trusted companion, together with some trusted companions for the other end of my body.
R0010595_zps93500d80.jpg

Speaking of baseball caps. The grandfather of the base ball cap have been a part of the bunad (traditional norwegian clothing) from where I grew up for centuries. It is called a Skjoldlue, which developed into the Østerdalslue that again developed into the base ball cap we know today.
If you look at the third picture from the top on this page: http://www.elverumske.no/esc_norsk/draktskikk.htm , then you see the skjoldlue used typically around 1800's (and is still used to day together with the male bunad from Østerdalen.
On this page you see a variety of Østerdalslue models, which has been the prefered headwear for lumberjacks, woodsmen and craftsmen for generations in the district were I grew up. At the bottom you also see two models of the Skjoldlue: http://www.hufa-luefabrikk.no/default.asp?menu=69
So it is really the base ball cap that has the deepest roots, and best of all, the roots are norwegian

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE