ID please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 26, 2008
Devon, UK
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knew what this could be, Its from a big tree in the front of my house.

20130721_171651.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
It's definately cherry but impossible to name the variety..............taste the fruit,( it's perfectly edible) then you can tell if it's a sweet or sour cherry......if they're hard/firm; they may not be ripe yet though.

Aug 26, 2008
Devon, UK
Ah cool, Was hoping it was cherry. Berries are a little firm atm and tbh tasted quite bland with a hint of bitterness a bit like the skin of a red grape, so i dont think they're ready yet.

Thanks for the cherry ID confirmation :) Will be looking at making some sort of alcohol from these methinks :cool:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Could be a Morello (cooking) cherry - mine are about that colour now- they need to be purple to be ripe

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
interesting - the first Prunus sp. I've seen where one can not make out the glands at the base of the leaf - I'm sure they are there but the glands must be very small on that species

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE