Family camping North Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Planning a family camping trip next month to stay on a site in Denbigh, North Wales. This will be the first time ever that my wife and my 20 month old daughter have been camping and thus I am looking for suggestions of things to do in and around this area. I am well aware of Snowdon and Snowdonia and I am planning a day there but I want my wife and the kids to experience camping as it should be.

Anyone got any ideas on activities to do around the camp and any places that are a must see?

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Have you thought about packing a spinning rod. Its prime mackerel/bass season if you don't mind a drive to the coast.

Catching and then cooking tea with the kids is always a great day out :)

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Have you thought about packing a spinning rod. Its prime mackerel/bass season if you don't mind a drive to the coast.

Catching and then cooking tea with the kids is always a great day out :)

We are about 45 minutes drive from both LLandudno and Prestatyn so there is always that possibility. Would need to check the license requirements (although I don't think you need one for fishing off the beach/rocks)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Llandud is always a nice day out.
No license needed for the sea fishing either. Feather rigs are good for macies and less work than spinning.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Llandud is always a nice day out.
No license needed for the sea fishing either. Feather rigs are good for macies and less work than spinning.

Yeah. I'll crack out some of my old spinning rigs. Going to order some in-line 3oz leads and some mackerel feathers and do some beach/rock casting and see if we come up.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ill be at Nantcol around the same time (booked thanks to recommendations here) so will be keeping an eye on this thread. Been recommended Harlech, Portmerrion and Caernarfon. Is the ugly house worth a trip?

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Harlech is good, but quite a trek from Denbigh.
Conwy is much nearer, a lovely walled fishing port.
The beaches are good at Prestatyn and a bit quieter than Rhyl.
Ruthin is well worth a visit lovely little town in the hills, quieter than most with a castle and grounds, and very close to Denbigh.
Llangollen is not far. Atmospheric castle ruin on a steep hill overlooking the town and a steam railway.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Did you get upto anything interesting Danny? We're going to Denbigh this weekend. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE