your favourite boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
The best pair of boots I have ever owned were Salomon GTX pro's lasted for years eventually met their match in Fetlar, the best value boots has got to be a pair of 511 tactical boots top of the range for £7.00 of ebay.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Brasher GTX Superlites here. They were on offer on Sportsdirect recently for £60 (genuinely half price) so my eldest and wife got a pair each.

Other than that given recent winters I have spent a lot of time in Wellies. Le Chameau Chasseurs are basically soft leather boots encased in Rubber. They are marvellously comfy. I used to regularly walk 10 miles a day in mine. Probably the most expensive wellies you would ever own and the Zips are a very weak point.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have a pair of mamut heavy duty mountain boots for trekking with a full pack on my back and a pair of brasher hillmasters for day hikes and hanging out in the woods

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Oh, that's an easy one. My Canadian Forces MK II combat boots. Got issued in 1987 and never seem to have been returned when I left. :p Been resoled once with vibram treads, but after 25+ years they too have worn out. The leathers still passable and they're now just broken in. ;) I give their longevity to proper army manufacturing and my dad's and the Forces insistance that I continually polish them...hmmm must be something to that. :)
Cheers
Alex

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Oh, that's an easy one. My Canadian Forces MK II combat boots. Got issued in 1987 and never seem to have been returned when I left. :p Been resoled once with vibram treads, but after 25+ years they too have worn out. The leathers still passable and they're now just broken in. ;) I give their longevity to proper army manufacturing and my dad's and the Forces insistance that I continually polish them...hmmm must be something to that. :)
Cheers
Alex

Caring for ones boots equating to longevity? Never! :p

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
huntergathereralex;1344551. ;) I give their longevity to my dad's insistance that I continually polish them...hmmm must be something to that. :) Cheers Alex[/QUOTE said:
Lol !, my dad was in the guards(WW2) & from the day i started school i had to polish my school shoes, something that has stuck with me through out my entire life, & it does prolong their life !.

Rob

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
My field/wet weather boots are British army gortex field boots, they where the first boots i owned when i joined cadets and have served me well since. But for short trips to the woods i love my Karimor walking boots.

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
woof, my dad too: in mortar battalion(WW2) always made me polish my shoes continually. I used to sit there and hate it, and hurl sideways glances at my dad when he wasn't looking...but it must have stuck, here I am 55yrs old still polishing my boots, and now training my 12 yr old daughter to do the same...jeez, talk about genetic predispositions...
Thought I'd also mention, that my Clarks 'Desert Boots' in tan suede come in a close second as favorites and comfy...and I don't have to polish them! :)
Cheers
Alex

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Looks like we've a lot in comon Alex !,(i'm 55 in october) but as the eldest, i also had to polish my younger brothers shoes, now that i real hated doing. My sons now in the army, & its good to see his boots are nice & shiny !.

Rob

hobson

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Devon
For me it's Danner, got a pair of Fort Lewis for winter, had them ten years, a pair of desert boots, had them three years and a pair of Acadias for wet but warm weather which i've had five years.

All three look like new when cleaned up, and you can have them re-soled and reconditioned with danner.

Their customer service is spot on too.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
For me it's Danner, got a pair of Fort Lewis for winter, had them ten years, a pair of desert boots, had them three years and a pair of Acadias for wet but warm weather which i've had five years.

All three look like new when cleaned up, and you can have them re-soled and reconditioned with danner.

Their customer service is spot on too.

Argh My lovely comfortable Danners had a pair of Fort Lewis actually bought at their PX at Fort Lewis but could not get on with the height of them
Then Tried Acadias and must have had 3 pairs (definitely the best Boots in the World) but now are way to expensive for a boot for me to justify anyway think the maximum I paid for a pair was £145

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I got some Danner hunting boots from BassPro years ago, they are goretex and a mix of leather and some sort of realtree which I wouldn't usually go for but they wear like slippers, are warm in the cold, cool in the warm, keep me dry and I wouldn't be without them.

Second place are my Bison Bushcraft desert boots. They are also like slippers but extremely light slippers. I can't walk for too long in them but for light walks in the summer, they're really nice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE