Mod knife customising

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I seem to remember a while back a few people customising the Mod survival knifes .
I have searched the forum but can't find anything about it on here or British blades .
What sort of mods have people done and what worked ?
I have heard of some being reground into a Bowie style , but does this take he weight of the tip enough to make chopping hard work ?
Cheers for any input as have one of these that is in desperate need of some beauty therapy lol
Pumbaa

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

This is mine, nothing fancy - removed the back guard, sharpened the blade properly, thinned the handles down and added tubing for grip! Oh and I also reversed the sheath so it's now right handed!

Cracking knife, and a real beast. Ignore those who call it a sharpened prybar!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset

This is mine, nothing fancy - removed the back guard, sharpened the blade properly, thinned the handles down and added tubing for grip! Oh and I also reversed the sheath so it's now right handed!

Cracking knife, and a real beast. Ignore those who call it a sharpened prybar!

I like that a lot, I've been considering getting one but as is the way when you want something nobody seems to have a second hand one for sale at the time :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE