Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I'm stunned by the news - I met Drew at Middlewood several times and down at the Moot. Always seemed to be everywhere in that hat and cloak! And always taking things with his sense of humour and way of thinking. When he tried to get rid of the taste of chilli peanuts with ... chilli stuffed olives - classic Drew, or when at the moot, the hat appeared at the top of the parachute ... he always had time for children too, and spent 10 minutes telling my two stories at the Moot, again, when he'd only just met them.
You will be missed Drew.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I've just managed to get out of bed from 5 days of severe Flu and read this! Now my head is thumping again, I can barely believe the news.
I met Drew at last years moot and within an hour I had his entire life's history which I found fascinating. Drew is one of the few faces I could match up to a name; once met, never forgotten.

Rest in peace my friend.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I never met Drew but from what I can gather he was a real character. And we all lose when such a person dies.

My best wishes to his family and close friends.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
This has shocked me quite a bit.....RIP in peace brother, i never met you, but you were always around on the forums, it will be a lesser place without you.

I'll plant a Yew tree for you mate... the tree of death, re-birth and everlasting life. :)

Its great to see the support of members of this forum all coming together at this sad time. Well done guys.

Last edited:

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Just read on Facebook an still can't believe it . I was hoping to meet Drew this year somewhere . I'll have to wait for bit longer now.
Can I say that if the family needs anything they only have to come to his other family for help . I for one would do what what I could at such a time . keep that fire burning Drew and one by one we'll be with you again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Like many here I never met Drew, but his moniker and posts made him one of the first to come to mind if you had to think of someone from the forum. His family must be devastated and it may be nice if Dave or the likes could pass on some of the lovely thoughts that have been posted on here about him. There's nothing we can say to make it feel better there never is, all we can do is talk and be prepared to listen to others talk. It becomes slightly less shocking that way.

A wee song for him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE