Does anyone recognise this fabric ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

I have kind of expensive tarp/bags that velcro into shape from something similar (from a garden centre) for lugging stuff around for work, but I also have an apron that looks kind of like that but not waterproof, iimmc.
Neither would be ideal for what I'd like to use the cloth.

I was hoping that someone somewhere recognised it as a tarp or the like, because I quite fancy a leafy one for a change :)

cheers,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Mary, can't find the specific tent, but 70% sure that fabric is used in a fun tent like the ones shown HERE. Sorry I can't be more specific. Will keep looking. Colin.

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hi Toddy, I've seen it used at my local family camping store (not the backpacking or wild camping type, we're talking huge tents with stoves, inflatable couches etc), and on a few campsites we've visited as a family around dorset. Generally used with poles and spikes as a windbreak. Not dissimilar to the old blue stripy ones you used to find at the beach, but a more updated "you can put a privet or beach hedge around your tent" kind of thing.
Not really my cup of tea, although it does look a bit of a giggle :D. Have to say it looks fairly robust though and in the winds last year no one seemed to have any problems in the winds. Not certain it's waterproof though but fab sill or something could sort that. Pack size may mean better for car camping as it seemed more like a lightweight polycotton than a silnylon, Hope that helps - a

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
All looking remarkably similar :)
I quite fancy it; I don't want camo/camouflage, iimmc, but disceetly green and leafy's no bad thing :D

Thanks for the help :D

cheers,
Mary

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
But you may lose it in the garden after a wee tipple, could be remarkably good at hiding against the correct background. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE