Home made flywheel lathe video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
While over on Farcebook posting my Happy Birthday wishes to Ruud (grey- array) I was scrolling on his wall when this video caught my eye that one of his friends has posted. Just too inspirational not to share. Enjoy the video, I did.

And just in case the embed code doesn't work, and it looks like it's not doing what it says on the can (Grrrrr, it didn't!! :cussing:) the link below take you directly to the blog it's posted at.

HERE

Can you guess what I'll be seeking out at the next boot fair I go to? Hehehehehehee

I like how at the end of the video he uses a garden spade for a chisel! :lmao: Sheesh! I've never seen such a big chisel in my life!

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I could do with him for a couple of days; I've a few jobs need done around the house.

Super vid, Aaron, thanks for posting it.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Will you excuse me a minute - I'm just going outside to throw my tools away :(

Awesome skills there

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I could do with him for a couple of days; I've a few jobs need done around the house.

Know what you mean Ian, I wonder how fast he works when he really puts his foot down, I bet he could even outrun Benny Hill :)confused: .... think about it). 6½ mins to make a lathe is going some. It would take me at least an hour :lmao:

Glad so many of you folks found the video enjoyable. Anyone know where I could find his blog/website/youtube channel?

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Top Notch!....Everything about that video is straight out of the top drawer, and what a result! Superb! Thanks for posting this, atb mac

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Know what you mean Ian, I wonder how fast he works when he really puts his foot down, I bet he could even outrun Benny Hill :)confused: .... think about it). 6½ mins to make a lathe is going some. It would take me at least an hour :lmao:

Glad so many of you folks found the video enjoyable. Anyone know where I could find his blog/website/youtube channel?

Here is his youtube channel! Lots of interesting vids!

http://www.youtube.com/user/QueticoChris/videos

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE