Tiger water colour painting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
I've not painted anything for about 10 years now with the last things some abstract oils of russian miners!
Got the itch yesterday on arriving home from work and finished off this Tiger water colour.
I'm really pleased with how it came out so treated myself to a mounting cutter. The mount is straight just not very good at photography.
Now to dust off the oils i think

IMG_0001.jpg

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
good effort bud nicely done .But there is a slight bend in the nose which makes the eyes squint.Sorry to be critical but being an artist myself its good to be critiqued by fellow artist's to better your skills.Well done anyway.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Cheers for the advice, I can see where you mean. Just don't have the skills to correct water colours. I'll put up pics of any oils/acylics I end up doing for critique if you don't mind?
It's the first time i've done anything other than birds with watercolours, should really take some lesson as I never did art at school.
Have a strong aversion to being told what to do so could never draw/paint/print things thats I didn't have the inclination to want to do (my school you couldn't choose what or how you did anything in art classes)

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
willon the right hand side of the nose where you have darkened the shading,if you wide'en the shade it will take out the pinched look .do it with pencil to get it looking right bud then watercolour it in .Sorry to pick up on it but i'm a tattoo artist and would like to help you out if and where i can.
use the pencil very very lightly so you can still rub it out if needed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE