Debris shelter and improvised bushcraft tool.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, i thought you may like a look at what me and Craigm9 got upto at the weekend past. We spent an enjoyable time up in the woods, and whilst we were there we decided to make another video for my youtube channel, and i thought i would share. Anyway it was good to get fresh air and have a brew in the great outdoors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yPrr56gQyg

Well thanks for looking.

Cheers Stuart.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Great idea Stuart I could have done with that the other day :rolleyes:

What wood did you use for the rake and how much time do you think you saved compared to collecting by hand?

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Great use of the para cord using the whole length is by far the most practical way, When sweeping leaves I normally either make a hazel broom or a branch with loads of twigs but I like your rake idea it looks quiet robust and easy to put together, cheers for the video.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Great idea Stuart I could have done with that the other day :rolleyes:

What wood did you use for the rake and how much time do you think you saved compared to collecting by hand?

Hi Limaed, thank you for the kind comments. Regarding the materials, i used Hazel (Corylus sp). I would say, and i can only comment for myself, that the thatch collecting time was halved,compared to other shelter builds i have done in the past.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE