Thieves beware!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pholland

Apr 26, 2012
Bognor Regis
This is becoming such a big problem. There must have been nearly ten robberies in my local area since Christmas. All chainsaws and gardening equipment is what seems to be targeted. Why don't they just go to a tool hire shop and get a mother load and leave us people who struggle enough alone. I urge everyone to watch out and if possible get a big scary dog. But then again they try and steel your dog these days too. At least the tools can be replaced.

It is always gutting having thingd you have worked hard for stollen from youwhen I moved to nottingham within 2 days of being there I had nipped out only to find my shed had been robbed and 3 seriously angry huskeys I had then installed cctv and warning signs up same thing happened again but the guy ended up with puncture wounds on his arms and legs ware he was used as a rag dole till I got to him and restrained him till police arrived so karma took its toll on his he got attacked by 3 bitches and now probs getting raped by a guy called buba my idea of security is a dog and warning signs

Oct 10, 2012
UK
Why don't they just go to a tool hire shop and get a mother load and leave us people who struggle enough alone.

Because those places have alarms.

It astounds me how many people don't have alarms in/on their homes... They deter all but the most determined of criminals, which also goes in your favour should you ever get into a tussle with one and he or she is injured.

Not really much that can be done for sheds though, which is a shame.

When I get moved I'll be making sure to build a stone outhouse with solid doors and locks on, just to be safe.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Because those places have alarms.

It astounds me how many people don't have alarms in/on their homes... They deter all but the most determined of criminals, which also goes in your favour should you ever get into a tussle with one and he or she is injured.

Not really much that can be done for sheds though, which is a shame.....

A light with a motion detector switch is fairly inexpensive and mounts well on the shed's exterior wall.

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
keep an eye out on Ebay and Gumtree mate, i think that you can set a notification feature that sends you an email when a related item gets put up for sale. I know a couple of friends who have had things stolen and they have popped up on Gumtree a couple of weeks later :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE