Muck boot problem......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'm on my 2nd pair of Tays and in my honest opinion (despite previous glowing references) I think they are totally overated wellies and will be looking at other boots in the future.

In all fairness I do a lot of mileage as they are for work, play and dog walking. With both pairs the lugs have worn down to almost icy slipperyness (a word?) but worst of all the neoprene, right by my heel has worn through to hard plastic rendering them unwearable and painfull. Not much of a repair you can do either.

Forget Muck boots unless you are a "low frequency wearer". When it really starts to hurt I call them something else.

Anyone got any better recommendations for wellies? Warmish but not too toasty as I'm a "hot blood" and vicious lugs as my feet take me over muddy, slippery terrain?

(Cripes I hope this isn't a bit of a hijack. Sorry OP)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Grubs Stalkers - similar design but with a full Vibram sole. Mine are five years or so in and going strong

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i like the muck boots, warm, comfy etc, i'm not a high user, fishing and a wet dog walk is the only time i'll wear them really so i expect them to last a fair old while.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Grubs Stalkers - similar design but with a full Vibram sole. Mine are five years or so in and going strong

Mine arrive on Monday thanks to your recommendation Red, shame they will have missed the snow down here but there seems to have been a problem with the suppliers.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
I'd suggest that you consult an osteopath. Used to have a similar issue - not the same - and my right foot has always turned outwards a little.
Saw an ostepoapth cos of sciatica, they did manipulations over several weeks, no sciatica, right foot much more in line. Whole of my back and right leg had been on a twist.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE