Hams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Just interested in how many ham radio enthusiasts we have on the site as there appears to be quite a few....so come on guys let's see who we are and if we can make contact outside the keyboard. How about a list I'll start it off and you all cut paste and add your own

Sniper John MM6AVE HF & 2 MTR

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
I have had two Ham callsigns. My personal one was VP8CMS and my radio shack had one too VP8ROT (I was the RO) - Rothera base, Antarctica. funnily enough My callsign seemed very popular with DXer's. As part of the Falkland Island dependencies all you had to do was cough up a tenner and you were given an 'A' class license.

73's

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
This reminds me , I need to ring up the lady in the morning and see if I can given my new callsign.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Dartmoor navigator Mike VP8ROT HF
Santaman 2000 Dan KK4BSY HF
Andy Pevy G4XYW
Ian M0ICM
Doc GM0WEZ

Any interest for a 'Bushcraft Net' sked on 80m, folks?

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Andy Pevy G4XYW
Ian M0ICM
Doc GM0WEZ
Johnboy John ZL1JPS

Any interest for a 'Bushcraft Net' sked on 80m, folks?

That would be a great idea Doc just need a time and a frequency, possibly better on 40m but I'm open to whatever folks want. Well what about it guys who's all up for a sked??

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
OK so far we have
Andy Pevy G4XYW
Ian M0ICM
Doc GM0WEZ
Johnboy John ZL1JPS
Roger uk Roger G8XAN
Mikey P Mike MM0GUX HF + 2 mtr
Big Stu12 Stuart M6SVJ

We are getting enough here for a regular net so guys how about as Doc suggested organising a sked
What about Sunday nights at 21.00 +- QRM on 7.125 everyone should be back in if out over the weekend and it should be reasonably open and quiet. Or if anyone has another suggestion? I'll be there for sure.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Success!

Just had a nice contact with Sniper on 40m.

Will try again 2100 (local, not UTC) next Sunday.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Fantastic thanks Doc really great to have a chat on the air, well it proves it'll work and worked well there. So guys Doc and I have agreed to try this every Sunday at 9 so hopefully some more of you will give it a go and see what we can manage. Once again thanks Doc for coming back to the call.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE