Tarp / Speed bag Vid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Oooh smart thinking ... just a case of ... "DUH!!! Why didn't I think of this"

goodjob

Thanks, oddly I seen this else were, and thought Why? but the main reason I can see is - Its a pack up tarp and if you dont need it, then it can stay packed but the ridge line is already deployed.

This is my hammock bag but its the same idea, and because its a compression sack the air just goes. Not water prof obviously but protected.

BishopsBag.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
That is cool!

I do something vaguely similar with an Ortlieb bag, using its push fit buckle to hang the bag from the ridge line, waterproof but not as handy. :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Neat. I'm guessing you could also use a snake for that. There's a video on youtube where the DD Hammock (travel?) and their XL tarp is all packed inside their snake, and folds out the same way.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Having the tarp and hammock in the one sock is an interesting idea, but what happens if you're tarp is wet when you're taking it down. Surely being stuffed into a sock and then drybag with a wet tarp would mean a wet hammock the next night?

Presumably so. If the tarp was wet though it wouldn't take too much effort to separate it from the hammock/snake as it is rigged on a separate line, although you'd have to take its original stuffsack along just in case.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Having the tarp and hammock in the one sock is an interesting idea, but what happens if you're tarp is wet when you're taking it down. Surely being stuffed into a sock and then drybag with a wet tarp would mean a wet hammock the next night?

I Would agree, I always carry mine in seperate dry bags, like wise for the all important sleeping bag.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE