Any ACF adult instructors in the house ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
It's good mate well worth the hassle and nonsense to get in but it can be very rewarding and great fun. Only downside nowadays is everything is risk assessed and very restrictive as to any outdoor activities. I would recommend it for all that. if you are an ex squaddie you can forget all the stuff you have done with them it just don't work in the ACF but it is terrific working with the kids, like a uniformed youth club with maps and compasses, some drill, fieldcraft, occasionally allowed on a range with a single shot SA 80 specially built for cadets known as the "Ensign". Only the adults are tight on discipline with the "bosses" playing from the old times in the mob. Go for it mate you'll love it.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
What Sniper says!

Although not ACF, I'm with the ATC as a CI - the CRB takes an age to get through and it puts lots of folk off - then theres a CTC which is an interesting check to go through especially as an Ex!

The training is nothing like "way-back-when" but you get to swing the lamp now & again.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
A crb check doesn't worry me. What's a Ctc check ? You on about national security vetting levels ?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE