1000 posts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Never thought I’d have made 1000 posts when i joined up here. iv certainly not had much to say or show

it is only within the last year i have really begun to post more. Some of you may have read my in one thread or another of my struggles IV mentioned about operations. The past two years has seen me four operations and mostly bedbound or only able to go for short walks at best and it’s been an absolute hell i tell ye. But luckily I’ve had this forum to spend most of my days on shoring up further knowledge in the hope some of it will lodge in the back of my mind, getting leatherworking tips which has kept me occupied when stuck indoors, and generally getting a bit of extra banter as I’m out in the middle of nowhere and don’t see folk much!

So i would like to say thanks to you all for the tips and advice and some merriment IV got out of this forum.

There are various debates on here around ‘why bushcraft for you?’ or ‘why learn these skills?’ Etc. I’ve always had the dream of adventuring as most of you I’m sure do but lack of knowledge was the beginning of failure so i began learning more from here and practising things when living in the highlands on my own or in between uni classes. But since i got my degree iv been stuck indoors so have had more time to build up my full kit and more knowledge which to me is still all leading up to those adventures. While I’m still not able to do much, my goal of full physical recovery is getting ever closer and me and my girlfriend are taking the plunge and going travelling around Norway. So to me my skills will encompass everything it will take to be competent and comfortable whilst travelling the rainy trail in between working on farms (which is the work we are both suited to).

It has taken several years just to get to this stage and it may even be another year until all preparations are set and health is not an issue. But thanks to you all IV had plenty of inspiration and knowledge to draw upon and shall continue to do so and give back all i can and you will no doubt see me at some meets in the future when I’m back to being a fit and healthy young man! :)

Hamish

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
It's a pleasure reading about your projects Buddy.

Hopefully we'll get together at a meet sooner rather than later.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Here's to a swift recovery and I look forward to reading about how your leather and wool stands up to your adventures.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya Hamish,
i suspect theres quite a few armchair bushcrafters on here who havnt either the skills, money or kit or may just have too busy a lifestyle to launch themselves off into the wilds...yet! we have to be content with going to the odd meet where we can untill things fall into place, we cant be all off on grand adventures. your not alone mate.:D

speedy recovery bud and i look forward to reading about you and WGs adventures in Norway. :)

Steve

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Your posts are a delight, your projects inspiring and your wraccent is charming.... and nearly gone?!!! BOOOOOO!!!! Raising a glass to you, Halvegeit (sp?!), for a swift and full recovery. Congratulations on your 1000 posts matey!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
haha cheers folks. aye i decided tae edit my typing to as close to proper english as i can as i realised typing how i speak may prove difficult for our foreign members :) unless the norwegians want to let me practice my norsk with them :lmao:

ill come up with something for my giveaway ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE