Fear of the dark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's in there for scale. Nothing else was available. That's one of those BIG cans too.

He's in a transport box in case anyone thinks he is trailer trash.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Im no hardnut..

There is the protection from harassment law 1995, and yes, everything is reported to the police.
There is no forensic evidence and the biggest porblem I have is that I live on a boat. on a public right of way.

My solicitor has advised me that we cant get an order without proper evidence.

Military tracking experience - Special Forces.

I only did KM for self defence.

It is very peculiar, a little like Pistachio man, like a ghost- but he is there...

Dont insult my intelligence.

The protection from harassment law is 1997.

Considering it was only in the latter part of last year that we had MP's (led by Yvette Cooper I believe?) campaining for a revision to the act, and to strengthen it considerably, the law, and the focus of the Police, is heavily weighted on your side. Should you choose to pusue it by that manner that is. Stalking and harassment very much pings the radar of the authorities at the moment.

No one is insulting your intelligence, but I am certainly questioning exactly how you're choosing to deal with these incidents. The fact you also refer to numerous incidents of criminal damage, it strikes me as odd the Police are not more involved in this. Where I live, they'd be all over it frankly. I have a training partner who is a Policeman, and I ran all that you wrote past him today. Hence his input strongly influences the last few sentances I have written. Up here, repeated reports of ongoing and systematic criminal damage meet with very serious levels of response from the authorities.

He would know - he was part of the team that went to great lengths to stop a certain idiot killing sheep with a crossbow and butchering them on site a while back during the wee small hours. Hence my lack of comprehension at your story, as with the evidence gathered and timescale, this should all be playing out very differently indeed.

Anyways, monster thread creep. Back on course anyone. Please.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I've been asecurity guard for the past ten years, being alone doesnt bother me, but I do need a night to "Tune in" to an area thats new to me before I can get a comfy nights sleep.

Having said that, their are some places that feel bloody spooky.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Mostly I just feel unsafe in England in the dark in general. Then again I imagine you've got 1000 times more chance of something nasty getting you in the high street at night. Be it my usual haunts in Europe, I feel alot more at ease, because I know that it's so big and so densely wooded all around. I'm not scared of non-existent creatures, just other people and the unspeakable things they do.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I've been asecurity guard for the past ten years, being alone doesnt bother me, but I do need a night to "Tune in" to an area thats new to me before I can get a comfy nights sleep.

Having said that, their are some places that feel bloody spooky.

yer not surposed to bloody sleep on the job ! lol just kidding , i had the same job for 12 years and i know what u mean about tuning in on different sites !

cheers
andrew.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Hey, the ammount they were paying me they'd have to be bloody lucky if i wasnt asleep.

Honestly I dont know what the fuss is about, In the UK MAN is the apex hunter. Their are no Bears, Wolfs, Tigers etc, and any one who's scared of the ghosts is plain daft. Theirs only one animal likely to attack you un provoked in this country, and thats another man. Its easy to fool most townies into thinking your not their anyway.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Have I missed something? If living on a boat take up the gangplank and pay off the mooring ropes a little and nobody gets aboard without a fuss.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
or if they are penguin pirates!!!

pirate_penguins.gif

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I have noticed a number of people who are "solo" wild camping are NOT solo at all.

If you have a dog with you is that still Solo? I don't thinks so myself.
Although not a human companion, having your best friend with you is more than enough to chase off the ghosts in the dark.

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I think that we are scared is that our hobby is friendly. We dont meant to do harm to anybody in the woods.
But other people who wander in the dark woods could have other motives to be in the dark wood.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I think the best thing is to parade about in ones shorts or underwear of choice with knife and axe in hand singing 'cum on feel the noize' of an evening.

Works for me anyway.

Makes you feel good and certainly keeps the weirdos at bay,at home or in the wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE