Sussex Bushcraft Group - January Meet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thought id bring the list of people back to the front so to speak, anyone is welcome to come along by the way, tis not a closed shop, if you want to come along, put your name down on the list, your more than welcome

Neil
Luke
widu13
Hugo
Kep + 2
monkey boy
Neumo
Loenja
spandit
SimonH

hellobayo

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2012
Redhill
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and would love to join you all. Thanks Hugo for the Fri meet up point, I'll have to see if I can get that day off work. Otherwise can someone PM me the directions for Sat morning and the cost? Really enjoyed reading about your last meet cooking Xmas dinner on camp fire.

Neil
Luke
widu13
Hugo
Kep + 2
monkey boy
Neumo
Loenja
spandit
SimonH
Hellobayo

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have spoken to Broadstone and they have now shut down many of the pitches for the winter break, which includes them shutting off the water; this sadly includes D1. So we are still on for A9/11 at this point. Let us know if you want to go elsewhere.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have spoken to Broadstone and they have now shut down many of the pitches for the winter break, which includes them shutting off the water; this sadly includes D1. So we are still on for A9/11 at this point. Let us know if you want to go elsewhere.
I can bring 25ltr jerry cans, which could be filled & driven up to D1. A9 its going to be difficult to get a chute up to the height we would need for a large group.
N

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
It's been a while.... :)

'real life' financial, house and personal issues meant we didnt get out again last year after June! But although we may not be able to make the Jan meet, we are hoping to get back on the scene and into the woods soon.
So, so pleased to see the group still running: thanks Neumo and Neil! Xx

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I can bring 25ltr jerry cans, which could be filled & driven up to D1. A9 its going to be difficult to get a chute up to the height we would need for a large group.
N

Wasn't A9 the Christmas site? We'll just have to be a bit cosier and sit closer together

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Hi nova&Pinky, glad to see you are taking an interest again.
Sit closer and cosier, I was so close to the fire that Dave informed me that my boots were on fire and I was still cold.
A great bunch of blokes to camp out with.
As for wood at A9, what was burned was wood and charcoal that was taken along by simon and me and Jack kindly dropped the dustbin full of charcoal off for us all.
Many thanks for that Jack.
I'll be a water carrier as well as Neil, some of you guys never touch the stuff anyway. ha ha.

D1 or D3 FOR ME please. A nice flat area.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'll bring a full water container too - think we'll have enough but might need to organise a water run over the weekend

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wasnt A9 the one that was boggy, sloping and devoid of fire wood? Personally id rather go to a pitch like D1 or D3 as i have two tents to erect this time, I can bring a 20L MOD water can along if need be?

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
I have 2 army jerrycans, which I can bring. Water discipline is a good experience for those who have not had to do it before. Shelter may well be the priority, depending on the forecast. We need the chute fairly high to allow for a bigger fire to keep the group warm, we have quite a few people coming. Can we top up the jerrycans at the office? If we do go for D1, think about what food you bring as washing up water may become an issue. If we all bring some personal drinking water that would help off set the jerrycans that myself and Neil bring.

Luke

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
Just remembered I also have a large clear plastic water container, so i can bring approx 70L of water. Kepis has 20L, Neil has access to four 20L jerrycans (think thats right). We should be ok if everyone can bring a few litres for brewing up.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Remember it's currently forecast 0c and below for the weekend. Don't fully top up ANY water containers!
Ohh - Snow perhaps!!!
I think I have access to plenty of water containers, I'll put three in my car and fill them at the office. If we are in for some cold weather, then Luke is right about the fire (and having the gear to maintain it), I'll make sure I have my bow saw and a large axe for splitting in too.
Small wood will be usefull for cooking heat and getting water boiled in a hurry, so if anyone wants to bring kindling sized stuff along that would be very helpfull.
I'll bring lanterns for light, but they will be just hurricane lamps as I have'nt had the time to get the vapalux ones sorted yet. So if anyone has a lamp they can bring along too that would be great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE