Herbal Medicines indexed by Complaint?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I have a copy of "Neals Yard Natural Remedies" which lists herbal, aromatherapy and homeopathic remedies by complaint. I don't know if it's still available, I've had my copy for a few years, but if it is, Neals Yard will have it. ( No connection, etc.etc.)

Alan

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
ive just purchased " everybodys guide to nature cure " by harry benjamin . it was recomended to me by a naturopath freind of mine after buying several misleading books ,this one is well worth a look at, very interesting .

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
RHS Encyclopedia of Herbs by Deni Bown, ISBN 10: 1405332387, ISBN 13: 978-1405332385

Does it every way, it also goes into essential oils and natural dyes too. It is very well written with many interesting anecdotes about the history and mythology surrounding herbs too. However the index can be a bit of a bugger to use as it is so in depth that there are many references and the main sections on each herb are not in bold, it is also alphabetically listed by latin name which doesn't help either but besides these flaws, a great book.

The Green Pharmacy by Dr James A Duke, ISBN 10: 0875963161, ISBN 13: 9780875963167

Is much easier to use but doesn't cover growing herbs, only their uses; also covers essential oils. Dr Duke has other books out there that look good too but I have no personal experience of them. He has a huge database he's made about herbs but I have not found it online yet in full form, his website has alot of info though..

http://www.greenpharmacy.com/

There's quite a bit on scribd.com too, I have downloaded alot of it but it is all on my portable hard drive is out on loan at the moment (knowledege is wealth, share the waelth), I can email/dropbox when get it back or even send you my scribd login if you're desperate.

Hope it helps,

W :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE