collecting muscles the hard way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Wow, crazy dudes

Thanks for the link wedgie, that makes leaning out of the canoe to grab them off rocks look pretty lame

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
they looked like some really good mussels, almost worth the risk. its so hard to find decent mussels near me, almost always full of sand :(

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
they looked like some really good mussels, almost worth the risk. its so hard to find decent mussels near me, almost always full of sand :(
We have two places we get ours from one requires swimming which I am sometimes just not hard enough to do in winter or grabbing them from a sandy inlet which is easier but they are really gritty. We soak ours live over night in a bucket of water to removed the sand, sometimes they need two changes of water.

tuxdad

Feb 26, 2008
USA
All I can say is WOW !! Here I thought folks that ice fish here in the states were nuts !! That bumps things up to whole new levels for sure !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE