1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
T1tch
Last Activity:
Nov 20, 2018 at 11:52 PM

Share This Page

T1tch

Forager, from Cambridgeshire

T1tch was last seen:
Nov 20, 2018
    1. T1tch
      T1tch
      Hi George - Hope the exams are going well (I always hated them, but then I'm dyslexic so the reading of the question was always... interesting)
      I haven't been able to attend any meets recently due to the fact I'm effectively unemployed at the moment :(
      I've not made any blades yet - I bought a couple of blanks off ebay 18 months or so back, but never go round to doing anything with them. Now I've taken a good look at them they are both realy soft, so I'm thinking I'll take a bash at making my own.
      I'm going to make a 'forge' (using the word in the loosest possible terms) out of bits from a mates salvage yard but I'm dubious about being able to ascertain temperatures - so hardness testing is somewhat putting the cart before the horse, but I've always been a little backwards :cool:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and good luck with the exams - and hopefully I'll catch up with you soon.

Cheers Mark
    2. Gwhtbushcraft
      Gwhtbushcraft
      Hi Mark! Sorry we haven’t spoken in a while. To be quite honest i haven't been out much at all with exams et all! I haven't actually used them, but i have heard they are good. Chris Claycombe Definitely has a set as i was asking him about them only last year. Are you making many knives? best wishes and hope to get to a meet at some point! George
  • About

Signature

"Such is the decay of our society, not even knights can carry their swords in public" - Sir Terry Pratchett